In restoring this instrument, I

Adjusted the thicknesses ("regraduated" it).  
Replaced the bass bar.
Replaced the neck ("neck graft").
Bushed the peg holes.
Replaced the pegs, nut, fingerboard, bridge,
sound post, saddle, tail piece, and chin rest.
Touched up the varnish.

And I put new strings on it too.
From time to time, I find older instruments that are worth
restoring.  Here's one that I have on hand right now.

This is an Central-European instrument, labelled
"Czecho-Slovakia", probably made between the wars.  (There
were enough wars that it was certainly made between
some wars.)

Click on the picture for an enlargement.
Restored Violins